Affidavit of Support Forms I-864A

By signing Form I-864, the petitioner (including all co-sponsors) agrees to use his or her resources to provide financial support to the recipient and all dependents, if any. If the recipient and dependents receive certain public benefits based on a federal, state, or local means test, the agency providing the service will, under U.S. law, request a refund from the I-864 signatory. Boundless has created a guide to find out if you reach the minimum annual income for a wedding-based green card, where you can learn more. You may also be able to meet income requirements by hiring a co-sponsor. Find out how Boundless can help you with the forms required for your green card application and simplify the process for you. There are several types of support affidavit forms (I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W and I-864A). For detailed information on support affidavit requirements and forms, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) U.S. website. Your spouse can use household members or people on their last federal tax return as an alternative source of income.

If other members of the household are willing to help you, they must sign Form I-864A “Contract between the guarantor and the household member”. By signing Form I-864A, they promise to provide you with any financial assistance that your spouse cannot cover. To qualify as a member of the household, the person must be over the age of 18, be related to your spouse and live in their household. If they live elsewhere, your spouse must have reported them as dependent on their last federal tax return. Your spouse must file Form I-864 and Form I-864A if they receive assistance from a member of the household. To qualify as a financial sponsor who can complete Form I-864 and promise assistance for someone applying for a green card, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who lives or resides in the United States. If you have asked your spouse to enter on a K3 visa, or your fiancé(s) to enter on a K-1 visa, you must file an affidavit of assistance once they have adjusted their status to permanent residence upon arrival in the United States. If you need to disclose the income of one of your household members to meet the financial assistance requirements, you may need to file Form I-864A (a contract between the sponsor and a member of the household) and Form I-864. Your spouse can submit an affidavit of support form if they are eligible and promises you, the intended immigrant, financial assistance. You must be a U.S.

citizen or have legal permanent resident status residing in the United States. A domicile is a place that someone considers to be their permanent residence. They must also demonstrate that they have adequate financial support with supporting documents as proof. Here you will also find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs). Use the information in these FAQs and on this webpage with, and not instead, the detailed instructions for the support affidavit forms on the USCIS website. Use this form if you are a member of the household and want to promise to provide your income and/or assets to support sponsored immigrants. As an affidavit, Form I-864 does not expire unless the sponsored person becomes a U.S. citizen, has worked in 40 work quarters in the United States (typically 10 years), or leaves the United States. By completing the completed Form I-864, your spouse agrees to a contract with the U.S.

government to support you financially and prevent you from becoming a public burden or dependency on public benefits. Government agencies can force your spouse to repay any public benefits you use after receiving your green card, e.B. Supplementary insurance income (SSI). This rule doesn`t apply to all benefits, so check U.S. citizenship and immigration and immigration policy. The purpose of the affidavit is to assist consular officials in determining whether a visa applicant has adequate financial support in the United States and is not becoming a public burden. By signing Form I-864, your petitioner (including the co-sponsor(s) and co-sponsor(s)) agrees to use their resources to support you and all dependents, if necessary. If you or your dependents who immigrate with you receive one of the designated public benefits based on a federal, state, or local resource criterion, you should expect the agency providing the service to require reimbursement from your sponsors. .